- Sep , 5
- Manufacturing : General Manufacturing
3575 Pollock Dr. Conroe, TX 77303
At Sabre we understand that our employees are an integral part of our success, and we value their skills and creativity.
We offer opportunities for personal and professional growth, along with competitive compensation and outstanding benefits. Committed to providing our customers with the best products and services, our compensation package includes incentives that recognize and reward outstanding performance.
BENEFITS & WELLNESS
- Comprehensive and flexible package
- Competitive health premiums
- Low medical deductibles
- Free wellness services plus other wellness incentives
- On-site medical centers at our largest manufacturing sites
- Paid time off and flextime opportunities
- Free life and disability coverage
- Cell phone discounts
- Gym membership discounts
REWARDS & RECOGNITION
- Competitive base pay
- Competency and performance based pay progression
- Per diems
- 50¢ to $1 night shift differentials
- Overtime opportunities
- 2x incentive opportunity
- 60% 401(k) match on up to 6% of your pay
- Boot allowances, uniform subsidies and other PPE
- Service awards
OPPORTUNITIES TO GROW
- Product innovation
- Opportunities to travel
- Mobility between locations and businesses
- Promotions and other advancement opportunities
- Continuing education
- Tuition reimbursement
OPPORTUNITES TO MAKE A DIFFERENCE
- Serve as an on-boarding buddy, mentor or trainer
- Community service
- Lean journey
Summary: Uses oxy-fuel torch to pre-heat parts to be welded in accordance with published welding codes and specifications
- Manually positions pole assembly in pole rollers into proper position for welding.
- Reads and interprets drawings (including weld symbols) and specifications to ascertain proper location of attachments, as well as weld size and configuration.
- Adds, subtracts, multiplies, and divides feet, inches, fractions, and decimals. Uses tables to convert fractions to decimals and decimals to fractions
- Adjust welding machines to achieve desired results within parameters of established welding procedures. Frequently pushes, pulls and lifts up to 50 pounds.
- Uses oxy-fuel torch to pre-heat parts to be welded in accordance with published welding codes and specifications
- Uses MCAW welding process to weld small components or assemblies
- Wears protective equipment, including safety glasses, insulated welding gloves, leather sleeves and/or cape, and welding hood
- Works in confined areas at various locations on the small pole assembly line as necessary to weld components described above
- Uses chipping hammer, wire brush, motorized grinders, and motorized wire brush at various times to clean welded areas.
- Uses pneumatic drills and magnetic drills to drill carious size holes on pole assembly as required by drawings and specifications
- Visually inspects his/her work to identify material discrepancies and to ensure that welds have been completed satisfactorily in compliance with applicable drawings and specifications.
- Uses a weld gauge to measure weld size, standard and metric
- Reads and interprets work orders and daily production schedules.
- When called upon, assist fitter in assembling pole assembly. Uses measuring tape, level, square, and angle finder to measure distances and angles
- Uses oxy-fuel cutting torch and plasma-arc torch for cutting steel.
- Operates assembly line conveyor system to move tubular shafts into position for cutting on band saw and for fitting. Operates band saw for cutting tubular shafts according to specifications.
- Additional duties as assigned by Supervisor and/or Management.
- Mig welding experience preferred
- Must have a basic math aptitude.
- Must be able to determine amperage and voltage settings.
- Must be able to determine weld size and amount of penetration.
- Must be able to determine bend radius on arms.
- Able to accurately use measuring instruments such as tape measure, heat stick-method (material temp.), weld bead gauge and metric gauge
- Must be able to stand 100% of scheduled shift. Lifting, pushing, prying, and dragging heavy materials.
- Must be capable of bending, stooping, crawling under or over and occasional climbing of stairs/ladders heights up to 6 or 7 feet.
- Abnormal level of noise due to grinding, chipping, hammering requires hearing protection (ear plugs) be worn at all times.
- Must possess adequate dexterity and stamina to sustain expected production effectively.
- Must be able to work in fast-paced work environment
- Must be able to lift up to 50 pounds.
- Must be able to perform physical activities that require considerable use of arms and legs and moving entire body, such as climbing, lifting, balancing, walking, stooping, bending, twisting and handling of materials.
- Position requires manual dexterity, arm-hand steadiness and a safety-minded individual.
- Must be able to pass a commercial driver vision test.
Sabre is a leading manufacturer of infrastructure for the utility and wireless industries along with providing a full range of telecom services.
WE ENCOURAGE VETERANS TO APPLY!
Sabre Industries is an Equal Opportunity Employer: M/F/Vets/Disabled/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity