- Sep , 5
- Manufacturing : General Manufacturing
3575 Pollock Dr. Conroe, TX 77303
At Sabre we understand that our employees are an integral part of our success, and we value their skills and creativity.
We offer opportunities for personal and professional growth, along with competitive compensation and outstanding benefits. Committed to providing our customers with the best products and services, our compensation package includes incentives that recognize and reward outstanding performance.
BENEFITS & WELLNESS
- Comprehensive and flexible package
- Competitive health premiums
- Low medical deductibles
- Free wellness services plus other wellness incentives
- On-site medical centers at our largest manufacturing sites
- Paid time off and flextime opportunities
- Free life and disability coverage
- Cell phone discounts
- Gym membership discounts
REWARDS & RECOGNITION
- Competitive base pay
- Competency and performance based pay progression
- Per diems
- 50¢ to $1 night shift differentials
- Overtime opportunities
- 2x incentive opportunity
- 60% 401(k) match on up to 6% of your pay
- Boot allowances, uniform subsidies and other PPE
- Service awards
OPPORTUNITIES TO GROW
- Product innovation
- Opportunities to travel
- Mobility between locations and businesses
- Promotions and other advancement opportunities
- Continuing education
- Tuition reimbursement
OPPORTUNITES TO MAKE A DIFFERENCE
- Serve as an on-boarding buddy, mentor or trainer
- Community service
- Lean journey
Scope of Responsibility: The Continuous Improvement Engineer position will assist in plant operations contributing towards improving manufacturing efficiencies by utilizing continuous improvement techniques.
- Be a “leaser of change”. This person must be comfortable working with all levels within the organization. They must be able to question the status quo and be a strong communicator.
- Will be responsible for managing and leading continuous improvement projects, as well as mentoring and coaching green belts.
- Apply Lean Manufacturing and Six Sigma tools and methodology in the implementation of manufacturing excellence initiatives.
- Manage a portfolio of lean projects directed at reducing waste and improving quality to provide greater valve; implements such tools as: 5S, KPI, SMED, VSM, and Kaizen.
- Train and lead cross-functional continuous improvement teams; focusing on measurable quality, service and cost improvements; mentor green belts.
- Implements a formal six sigma program that focuses on reducing process and product variation. Implements such tools as: SPC, Process Capability, Pareto analysis, Fishbone, SMED, DOE.
- Trains, coaches and motivates personnel in the understanding and adoption of new principles and techniques.
- Drives the standardization of processes and the implementation of metrics and best practices.
- Assist in setting annual operational targets and help drive improvements to achieve those targets.
- Additional duties as assigned
- BS Degree Engineering (Mechanical, Chemical, Electrical or Industrial)
- Six Sigma Black Belt certification and strong LEAN Manufacturing expertise preferred
- 5 years of experience in manufacturing operation
- Proven track record in leading high-performance teams and attaining results; able to quantify results
- Proficient computer skill including M/S Office and Project Management
- Trained or degreed in Plant Manufacturing Techniques and Procedures
- Waste reduction methods
- Regular and timely attendance is required
- Must be able to perform in a fast-paced manufacturing environment
- Lifting, pushing, prying, and dragging heavy materials up to 50 pounds.
- Must be capable of reaching, grasping, bending, stooping, crawling under or over and occasional climbing.
- Must be able to work in inclement weather in some instances
- Must be able to withstand extreme heat at times
- Must be able to pass standard pre-employment physical and vision testing requirements.
Sabre is a leading manufacturer of infrastructure for the utility and wireless industries along with providing a full range of telecom services.
WE ENCOURAGE VETERANS TO APPLY!
Sabre Industries is an Equal Opportunity Employer: M/F/Vets/Disabled/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity